- When we started on this journey four years ago, I had no ..
- In a hurricane, or any natural disaster, people who can evacuate, do ..
- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
- As we continue on our Equity Journey, we believe that recognizing and ..
April 20, 2017
In some ways, getting ready for an IT interview is the same as preparing for any other job interview. Candidates should expect the standard questions about strengths, weaknesses, and past experiences. The “technical” side of the interview is another matter….
March 29, 2017
Candidates for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funded training face significant challenges as they try to select a training provider. There’s a whole field of options out there. Traditional instructor led training. Self-paced, computer based learning. Short “boot camp”…
March 15, 2017
With more and more devices connected to the Internet, cyber-security continues to be a key consideration of everyone involved in IT. How do Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Career Coaches best position their clients for success in this critical…
March 2, 2017
The PMP is one of the most popular WIOA-funded credentials, and advice on how to complete the application is one of the most common questions for the IT Sector Center. The application process can be arduous – candidates need to…
February 15, 2017
In our latest “IT in 10” episode, we cover information Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Career Coaches and candidates both can use to make informed choices as they decide on training programs. Click here to WATCH NOW!
February 1, 2017
Cisco is the dominant player in the network infrastructure marketplace. And the “Cisco Certified” credential often serves as the backbone to many Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funded training programs in Chicago. In our latest “IT in 10” episode, learn more…
January 18, 2017
Nine out of ten computers use some version of Windows. And every time a new version of Windows is released, training and certifications are changed and updated. In episode 5 of “IT in 10”, learn more about recent changes to…
January 4, 2017
In our forth episode of “IT in 10” we continue our previous episode’s discussion of how to advance your career path as a senior-level technology employee! We compare and contrast two popular certifications that deal with business process improvement: Lean…
December 20, 2016
With years of experience in the Information Technology field, you may be asking yourself: “What is my next step?” In our third episode of “IT in 10”, we cover the certifications and career pathways for senior-level technology employees to advance…
December 6, 2016
In our second episode of “IT in 10”, learn more about mid-level careers in the Information Technology field and the certifications needed to move up the corporate ladder! WATCH NOW to learn more!
November 23, 2016
In our first episode of “IT in 10”, we cover the basics of entry-level positions and the technology certifications needed for potential career candidates! WATCH NOW to learn more about certifications, training, and types of jobs that are available for…