- At 72 years young, Cynthia Claude Rawson, a Fort Dodge, Iowa resident ..
- Jessie Castaneda was born in Chicago, and raised in the city during ..
- Cassandra Stinson, a 34-year-old West Chicago native and mom of three, began ..
- “Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to ..
- David Guillen is originally from Moroleon, a small town in the state ..
- George Drain worked at a metal engineering organization for 32 years. He ..
- A Veterans Career Path: From In-Person Warrior to Cyber Warrior Mark Hopkins ..
- The period between Halloween and the December holidays is usually when shoppers ..
- Jasmine Tutson is a go getter. By the age of 24, Jasmin ..
- Q&A with Chief Program Officer, Alejandra Sinecio : Workforce development, an inclusive future, and advice for first-time job seekers in the USQ: Why is important to celebrate and highlight the workforce development industry ..
December 5, 2023
George Drain worked at a metal engineering organization for 32 years. He was an absolute expert in shaping and forming metal! Unfortunately, the organization went out of business in early 2023 and George found himself unemployed. The very first thing…
November 14, 2023
The period between Halloween and the December holidays is usually when shoppers are out in force and retail businesses bulk up their staffing to meet the rush. This year is no different in those regards, but with one key change…
Q&A with Chief Program Officer, Alejandra Sinecio : Workforce development, an inclusive future, and advice for first-time job seekers in the US
November 7, 2023
Q: Why is important to celebrate and highlight the workforce development industry? A. It’s important that we showcase the careers in our communities! Monthly and weekly celebrations like National Apprenticeship week, and especially Workforce Development Month which just occurred in…
October 3, 2023
Outside of “will I get the job?” the most burning question jobseekers ask is “how much will it pay?” It’s an important question, too, because it’s crucial to know whether your career move or new job comes with a pay…
September 19, 2023
The Covid-19 pandemic prompted massive societal changes, from a volatile economy, to lower income inequality, to wider acceptance of hybrid work. Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees split their work between the office and their homes. Common schedules might…
September 12, 2023
When Darren Stokes graduated from high school in Chicago, he immediately and eagerly joined the workforce. In almost every job he held, Darren’s motivation and ambition were easily recognized, and he quickly worked his way up to managerial roles. But…
September 5, 2023
When people hear the phrase “workforce development” they tend to have a vague understanding of what it means, and they have almost no impression of workforce development agencies. But organizations like National Able Network and other workforce agencies serve an…
August 15, 2023
In the first half of 2023, news headlines sounded like canaries in the economic coal mine: Key Indicator Puts the Chance of Recession at 100%, The US has a 100% chance of tipping into recession within 12 months, and so…