- James “Jim” Lewis had always been able to find employment. At the ..
- When we started on this journey four years ago, I had no ..
- In a hurricane, or any natural disaster, people who can evacuate, do ..
- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
Equity Blog Series | How to Begin Your Equity Journey
April 29, 2022
When we started on this journey four years ago, I had no idea where the journey would take us. After reviewing the results of our first equity survey, I remember talking to my colleague, Autumn, about what we would do…
Equity Blog Series | Breaking Down Barriers
November 22, 2021
In a hurricane, or any natural disaster, people who can evacuate, do. People who can’t have no choice but to face the impending unknown. These people are then looked down upon and criticized with comments like, “why didn’t you listen…
Equity Blog Series | Start with Leaders
June 1, 2021
In April 2018, I became CEO of National Able Network and I had a long time to think about my priorities. My predecessor, Grace Powers, had announced her retirement almost a full year earlier and prepared me to be her…
Equity Blog Series | On the Journey to Equity
April 30, 2021
Six years ago, I got a chance to work with a leader in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). We were in a group workshop talking about the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), which measures cross cultural agility on a scale from…