- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
- As we continue on our Equity Journey, we believe that recognizing and ..
- While the world is slowly returning to a new kind of normal ..
- Dane Watkins had been out of work for over 26 weeks and ..
November 30, 2016
In person interviews can be a challenge, particularly if you have not been in job search mode for some time. As I have said in my previous blog posts, nailing the interview takes practice, homework and some sales ability. Selling…
October 21, 2016
After a few months of arduous job searching, sending out hundreds of applications, and completing interviews with no offers can be frustrating and can leave you burned out. Believe it or not, volunteering might be able to help you out…
September 28, 2016
In my monthly workshop Getting the Interview and Nailing It at CareerPlace, I explain to my group that there are four critical components to a successful interview. Most people have little or no problem with the first two components and…
September 15, 2016
You’ve done your best Texas two-step and your interview is over. You met with three key people; the human resource specialist, a department supervisor, and the hiring manager. Three and a half hours of face-to-face conversations and maybe some two-step…
August 12, 2016
The skills check-off is one of the banes of every job applicant. If you haven’t seen one yet it’s likely you will very soon since almost all job applications are online. We tend to see them used more in technical…
July 28, 2016
In my last blog I talked about how job seekers need to identify and communicate their real business value to prospective employers. The question I closed that blog with was: “How do you quantify your value, particularly if you worked in a…
July 15, 2016
Most everyone knows hiring managers are looking for people that can “get the job done” – but what does that really mean? Is it someone that will work nine to five? Or, is it someone that will process all the requisitions in…