- When we started on this journey four years ago, I had no ..
- In a hurricane, or any natural disaster, people who can evacuate, do ..
- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
- As we continue on our Equity Journey, we believe that recognizing and ..
August 23, 2019
National Able Network’s Veterans Forward program was recently awarded the HVRP* grant by the U.S. Department of Labor. The acquisition of the grant will allow Veterans Forward to serve all veterans, especially those in need, within Cook County, Will County…
November 9, 2018
Vincent Romero has been a veteran of the United States Navy for the last decade. After serving, Vincent lived in Hawaii where he primarily worked in construction. Life changes led Vincent to relocate to Illinois where he switched between a…
November 8, 2018
Adam Comito-Johnston joined the United States Marine Corps directly after high school. He was initially stationed in North Carolina, and spent one year in Iraq, primarily working as a journalist, correspondent, and photographer. Once he was discharged from the military,…
October 5, 2018
Many veterans find it difficult to search for jobs in the civilian workforce once their time in the military comes to an end. Some of the biggest hurdles are knowing which companies are veteran friendly or are led by veterans….
May 31, 2018
Did you know that May is Older Americans Month? This year’s Older Americans Month celebration was highlighted with the theme of “Engage at Every Age” and encouraged everyone, young and old, to take part in activities that help to enrich…
November 9, 2017
I’ll admit, before I came to National Able Network and took over the Veterans Forward program, I never made it a priority to find veteran talent. Sure, if I happened upon a veteran during the hiring process, I made sure…
November 9, 2017
Veterans Day is a great time to reflect on the service and sacrifices of all veterans who have served our country. The men and women who serve in our military make sacrifices big and small almost every day. I would…
November 8, 2017
Tammi Smith was an active duty service member of the United States Air Force for more than five years. Upon completing her military career, she earned both a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and her Master’s Degree. However, even with a…
June 15, 2017
Well Army, it’s your birthday again. 242 years strong. 242 years of uniforms ranging from rags to Kevlar. 242 years of maintaining vehicles from horses to tanks. 242 years of serving in squalor from Trenton to Fort Polk. 242 years…
June 13, 2017
May 30, 2017
May 19, 2017
After finishing my contract with the United States Marines in 2011, I realized that there are a lot of preconceived notions from civilians about what service men and women learn in the military. Something that might be surprising to learn…