- When we started on this journey four years ago, I had no ..
- In a hurricane, or any natural disaster, people who can evacuate, do ..
- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
- As we continue on our Equity Journey, we believe that recognizing and ..
November 7, 2016
Kat went from mechanic to working as a career coach. Rob worked as a trainer and now helps non-profits raise money. Melton went from pilot to working as a human rights investigator. Kiara managed logistics and today works with at-risk…
October 5, 2016
The first-ever “I AM RETAIL” summit took place in Dallas this week. It was hosted by the ACT Foundation and attended by workforce stakeholders from across the country who, like National Able Network, share a common goal of implementing innovative solutions…
September 21, 2016
Throughout National Employ Older Workers Week, National Able Network is posting stories and statistics with one goal: to crush the outdated stereotype that older workers are a hindrance rather than an asset. Here are three great reasons that companies should seek…
August 31, 2016
National Able Network (Able) is happy to announce the launch of its Information Technology Sector Center, the premiere resource that connects local businesses with job seekers to help build Chicago’s booming information technology sector! To kick-off the launch of the Information Technology Sector Center, Able…
April 8, 2016
My name is Elliott Esparza and I’m the new Technical Education Manager for IT Career Lab! As you may know, IT Career Lab is an innovative back to work program that is designed to help aspiring Information Technology professionals get trained,…
October 7, 2015
National Able Network hosted a panel discussion on October 1, 2015 with business leaders about hiring best-practices and trends. The discussion was part of an agency-wide professional development training designed to help Able’s staff better prepare our clients for successful…
The Business Case for Hiring a Veteran: A look at the partnership between National Able Network and Framework Communications
June 24, 2015
One year ago this month, National Able Network began talking with John Fakhoury, President and Chief Executive Officer of Framework Communications, about a possible partnership between his telecom and networking support company and the workforce services at National Able Network….
March 2, 2015
The IT Career Lab team is proud to announce the addition of Jon Kimmel who is taking the role of IT Account Manager by storm! Jon originally hails from Michigan, and has been employed as an IT recruiter for 5 years at…
February 26, 2015
I am thrilled to announce that National Able Network has been selected as one of seven nonprofit organizations in the U.S. to receive funding as part of Walmart Foundation’s $100 million five-year commitment to help entry-level workers advance in their careers…
November 21, 2014
National Able Network has recently expanded its Business Solutions branch to engage with employers that are interested in hiring our qualified, job-ready candidates. Below is an interview with our two Business Development Principals, Marquis Scott and Dana Kenny who are…