- Idalia Andrade pursued a degree in liberal arts, but after graduating she ..
- Annita Sampson began her career as a receptionist / secretary in 1982 ..
- Michael Almazan studied finance at Roosevelt University in Chicago and after graduating ..
- Over the past year, we’ve experienced that nothing is permanent except change ..
- When it comes to job applications, one of the most important components ..
- Approximately 72 percent of hiring managers believe it’s important that recruiters and ..
- In March 2012, Amy Adebiyi immigrated to the United States from Benin ..
- As we continue on our Equity Journey, we believe that recognizing and ..
- While the world is slowly returning to a new kind of normal ..
- Dane Watkins had been out of work for over 26 weeks and ..
May 31, 2019
Robin Tilley, a 71-year-old widow, was unemployed but she refused to stay home. “You sit at home, you die. I’m not doing this. I’m going to do something,” says Robin. She reached out to National Able Network in Iowa and…
January 22, 2019
Cornelious Brookens, an energetic 58-year-old and father of four, worked in the retail industry for more than 30 years. As he moved through the industry, he found a company he liked, and stayed with them for 15 years. He was…
September 24, 2018
Today marks the beginning of National Employ Older Workers Week! This week, and every week, National Able Network celebrates the numerous benefits older workers bring to the workforce. Our President & CEO, Bridget Altenburg, recently sat down with Vice President…
October 12, 2017
Did you know that October is Emotional Wellness Month? You may be asking yourself: “What is emotional wellness?” According to Dr. Shannon Kolakowski, being emotionally well includes treating others well, liking who you are, being flexible, and having/showing gratitude. As…
March 14, 2017
Call 855-850-2525 to register today!
February 21, 2017
Call 855-850-2525 to register today!
November 2, 2016
Unfortunately, the topic of ageism in the workplace is all too common, especially when dealing with careers in technology. Thankfully National Able Network and the Information Technology Sector Center are constantly working towards fighting ageism and assisting older workers in finding…
May 2, 2016
The month of May marks the beginning of Older Americans Month! You may be asking yourself, “What is Older Americans Month?” According to the Administration on Aging, Older Americans Month is used to raise awareness about important issues faced by older adults, and…
November 2, 2015
The Senior Community Service Employment Program, also known as SCSEP, celebrates its 50th Anniversary this year, yet it still remains one of the government’s best kept secrets! SCSEP is the only federally funded program specifically dedicated to serving unemployed, low-income…
July 16, 2015
Since National Able Network (Able) was founded in 1977, one of the most persistent challenges we have faced is quickly reaching and delivering services to those most in need. In fact, this is a challenge that faces all supportive services…
February 18, 2014
Congress went home for the year-end holidays without extending unemployment benefits to 1.3 million long-term unemployed. As of today, those benefits have not been restored. Unemployment at any age, is a definite challenge, but for older workers, it is disaster;…
January 29, 2014
National Able Network’s Senior Services Department is piloting a new program, Senior Ambassadors! What is a Senior Ambassador? Senior Ambassadors are advocates and educators. They are seniors who are trained and educated about different social issues that are relevant to…